Do you love to be active, but keep finding that knee pain or back pain is putting a damper on your favorite activities?
At ViscoGen™, our team of medical professionals are well versed in the arena of pain – whether they be the result of sports injuries, osteoarthritis, old age, or other underlying conditions.
We put together some simple stretching exercises that can help mitigate further pain in the back and knee areas. Read below to learn more!
Stretch #1 – The Hip Flexor Lunge
When your hips are tight, this can lead to straining your quadriceps, which then exerts more pressure on the knees. Here’s an easy way to open the hips:
- Kneel on one knee and place the opposite foot flat in front of you. Make sure your front thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Slowly lean forward, stretching your hip towards the ground.
- Hold for 30 seconds.
- Switch sides and repeat 3-4 times until the hips are fully stretched.
Stretch #2 – The Calf Stretch
When your calf muscles are tense and sore, this can translate to added pressure at the back of the knee, making the overall pain worse.
- Stand in front of a wall with one leg behind you and the other in front. Bend your front leg slightly.
- Place both hands on the wall and push against it.
- With your back leg planted on the floor, and your heel pushing into the ground, you will feel the calf muscles stretching.
- Hold for 30 seconds.
- Switch sides and repeat 3-4 times until relief is felt.
Stretch #3 – Laying Knee to Chest
This is a great stretching exercise, and the best part is that you can easily modify it by adding a pillow under your head, or by wrapping a towel around your leg if it’s hard to reach.
- Lie down with both knees bent and your feet flat on the ground.
- Keeping your knee bent, grab hold of your leg and pull it directly into your chest.
- Feel the stretch and lengthen your spine, breathing deeply to relieve built up tension and stress along your body.
- Hold for 30-60 seconds.
- Switch sides and repeat with your other leg.
If you’ve been dealing with chronic back pain or knee pain, and want to explore options for pain relief in Orlando, call ViscoGen™ to set up a free consultation with our expert pain team! Our medical staff has decades of combined experience helping patients find lasting relief through innovative, nonsurgical treatments. From our comprehensive KneeVisc 5® injection-based program, to our advanced laser therapy and spinal decompression options, we offer a spectrum of pain relief options that work.
We’re ready to help you today! Contact us to get started.